I LOVE salmon and would have it every night of the week if I could! It pairs really well with the Asian inspired flavours of this dish and the green fried rice provides a healthy alternative to traditional fried rice. Enjoy!
2 salmon fillets (roughly 100-150 grams each)
2 tbsp miso paste
1 tbsp tamari
1 cup brown rice
10 brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
1/2 an onion, thinly sliced,
1/2 leek, sliced
1 cup baby spinach, thinly sliced
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp crushed garlic
1tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a tray with tinfoil and place the salmon fillets on top.
- Get the rice going. For 1 cup of rice add 2 cups of water. I like to use the ‘boil in bag rice’. With Brown rice you should allow at least 20 minutes to remove the crunchiness.
- Mix together the miso paste and tamari (or soy sauce) and spread over the salmon. Sprinkle over some sesame seeds and put in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Melt some coconut oil in a pan and brown the onions. Add the brussels sprouts, leek and spinach and saute them until well cooked. Add the cumin, chilli flakes, garlic and lemon juice to the pan and stir through. When the rice is done, add this to the pan also and mix well and continue to saute for a few minutes.
- When the salmon is cooked to your liking remove from the oven and serve with the greens fried rice.